Monday, July 21, 2008

White Trash Baby!!


What could be better for a bridal shower than a White Trash theme?
Everyone picking through the backs of their closets to proudly display their trashy-ist, redneck, trail park apparel...who could ask for more?
And what else would round out the occasion than a Rice Krispies Little Debbie Snack Cake-Cake! I have to say, this was one of the more enjoyable experiences I've had creating a cake. I knew going in that I could be over-the-top, silly, down-right redneck if I felt like it. All the better. And that means fun. :)

The tiers were made out of rice krispie treats molded by cake pans and a little bit of carving. The rest...snack cakes adhered with melted marshmallow.

The little topper, of course, was homage to Pilar's burlesque identity, Ruby Rockets. We affectionately called her Twinkie Rockets. :)

No comments: